Men of the Ogun state police command, on Friday 7th of May 2021, rescued 22 teenage girls allegedly lured all away from Akwa ibom state to Ogun state for prostitution.
A statement released by DSP Abimbola Oyeyemi, spokesperson of the state police command, states that in an operation, coordinated by the Area commander Ota, ACP Muhideen Obe, the police team, upon credible intelligence received, that minors were being recruited from other states and used as commercial sex workers at KOLAB hotel in Itele ota, stormed the said hotel at about 8pm, where the 22 teenagers whose ages are between 10and 14yrs were rescued.
- Cameroun : arrestation des auteurs du cambriolage à la Direction générale des impôts
- Quand Georgina Rodriguez dope Cristiano Ronaldo !
- CAN 2022 (éliminatoires) : Sierra Leone se qualifie 25 ans après
- Nigeria : Pretty Mike accueille ses six enfants de mères différentes !
- RDC : les premières réactions après la réduction de peine de Vital Kamerhe
- Handball (CAN Féminine) : Tunisie / Angola et Cameroun / Congo en demies
- Zambie : le « père de la nation » Kenneth Kaunda hospitalisé
- CAN Total Cameroun 2021 : le secrétaire général de la CAF en mission à Yaoundé
- BÉNIN : ACED RECRUTE 01 CHARGÉ DE PROGRAMMES (H/F)
- BÉNIN : TECHNOSERV RECRUTE 01 CABINET MÉDICAL
- Famine en Éthiopie : le gouvernement d’Abiy Ahmed veut-il étouffer un drame humanitaire ?
- Euro 2021 : Ronaldo assure le spectacle, Pogba mordu par Rüdiger
- Vive altercation entre Burna Boy et les « boys » d’Obafemi Martins !
- Premier League russe : Yaya Touré nommé entraîneur adjoint du FK Akhmat
- Le parti de Bouteflika a toujours la cote en Algérie !
”On interrogation, the girls narrated how they were lured from their respective villages in Akwa ibom state to come to Ogun state, with the promise to employ them as sales girls in restaurants and supermarkets, only for them to get to Lagos and transferred to a brothel in Ogun state as commercial sex workers.
They narrated further that, they were deprived of using phone or any communication devices, therefore, making it impossible for them to reach out to their parents or relations.
The manager of the hotel one isaac Ogbaji m’ 33yrs and ten other male suspects were also arrested during the operation” Oyeyemi’s statement
The spokesperson added that the state’s commissioner of police, CP Edward Awolowo Ajogun, has ordered that the family support unit of the Area command Ota to take over the investigation of the case, identify the recruiting cartel and bring them to justice as soon as possible.