The Akwa Ibom State government has condoled with the family of late Miss Iniubong Ephraim Umoren who was gruesomely murdered after being lured in the guise of getting a job.
While on a condolence visit to the family of the deceased at Obio Ndot, Oruk Anam local government area, the Governor who was represented by the Secretary to the State Government, Dr. Emmanuel Ekuwem, expressed deep sadness over the loss of Iniubong and prayed God grants the family the fortitude to bear the loss.
“This is a very tragic development, the Governor is really unhappy that such a young girl going out in search for a job could be brutally murdered.
“As you know, the governor always counsels young people against begging for a living, but to work hard to earn a living.
- OXFAM Recrute au Bénin Un (01) Agent Administratif et Comptable (H/F)
- Éperviers du Togo : le sélectionneur Paulo Duarte recadre Claude Le Roy
- VAO Small Grants are open now in UK
- Grant for Bilateral Exchange between Berlin and the United States
- Boxe : Joshua / Fury, la date et le lieu du combat révélés !
- Cameroun : un militaire à la tête du lamidat de Garoua, Issa Hayatou recalé
- Algérie-France : Tebboune et Macron mettent les points sur les « i »
- Casablanca : un des nonuplés de la Malienne de Tombouctou baptisé Mohammed VI
- Zari Hassan, la femme idéale pour Diamond Platnumz ?
- une société Recrute un Ingénieur Maintenance
- Recrutement d’un Comptable H/F
- Recrutement d’un Ingénieur qualité H/F
- Une société Recrute un Responsable Logistique
- Recrutement des Techniciens Maintenance
- Recrutement des Magasiniers
“Iniubong in that attempt to earn a living, this tragedy struck, the governor is so sad, it’s painful, a complete defeat of what the governor says often in his drive to take the youths off the street and get them equipped with skills and employment opportunities”, the SSG said.
The Governor’s representative who prayed to God to console the family, assured that the government would provide immediate succor to the family. He maintained that law enforcement agencies are carrying on with their investigations to ensure the law takes its rightful course.
Speaking on behalf of the family Ukeme Umoren, the elder brother to Iniubong, thanked Governor Udom Emmanuel for condoling with the family and appealed for an in-depth investigation, that would ensure the killers are brought to book.
“It is pathetic and we are heartbroken, Iniubong was our last born we know how much we struggled to send her to the University and she was awaiting her call-up letter, now unfortunately we lost a sister, a friend, I am pleading with Akwa Ibom State Government that we want justice for my sister, late Miss Iniubong Umoren”
Iniubong, 26, a graduate of Philosophy in the University of Uyo, was a native of Nung Ita Ikot Essien, Oruk Anam Local Government Area.