Overview (Text Only): Join our team as the Boiler Operator Lead in Yellowstone National Park! If you want to continue building your experience as a Boiler Operator in an amazing environment in America’s first national park, we have a position for you! Our operations stretch over 2.2 million acres of breathtaking scenery, amidst steam, geysers, trout streams, magnificent wildlife and more. We are searching for a Park-wide Boiler Operator Lead to take on a leadership position in our Engineering Department in Yellowstone National Park. The Park-Wide Boiler Operator Lead is responsible for providing excellent customer service and support to our various maintenance departments. This position is responsible for the operation and maintenance of steam and hot water boilers throughout the park. You will work in conjunction with Maintenance Managers to mentor and train our Seasonal Boiler Technicians. Check out our Engineering Department HERE. The Details – Position Type: Full Time Year Round – Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week – Location: The Engineering Department is based out of Mammoth Hot Springs in the park – Housing: Typically our year round staff live in Gardiner, Emigrant or Livingston, MT The Must Haves – Valid Boiler Operator’s License – 4+ years experience in a Boiler Operator role – Valid Driver’s License The Perks – Healthcare benefits – Paid vacation – Sick Time – 401k – Xanterra Travel Collection discounts – Tool Allowance Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park. Xanterra Travel Collection is a global travel and Hospitality Company, and the United States’ largest operator of park-based hotels, restaurants and stores. From the incredible depths of the Grand Canyon to the awe-inspiring heights of Mount Rushmore, and from extraordinary cruises to cycling and walking vacations that take you all over the world, Xanterra Parks & Resorts’ operations encompass some of the most spectacular and iconic places on Earth. We are renowned for “legendary hospitality with a softer footprint”, and we take pride in combining these dramatic settings, landmark buildings, and global travel experiences with truly exceptional service. Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of steam and hot water boilers located within Xanterra land assignments in Yellowstone National Park.
- In conjunction with the Location Maintenance Managers as the SME, over-see all location seasonal Boiler Tech’s to ensure proper preventative maintenance and corrective maintenance is being completed to industry standards and in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all boiler plants are operating safely, are in good working condition and remain in compliance with current health and safety regulations.
- Manage boiler water treatment chemical program and coordinate third-party chemical testing and chemical supply companies to maintain proper chemical balance in boiler systems.
- Responsible for keeping all boiler plants operational to meet the needs of company operations.
- Accountable for materials used and ordering items needed per company procedures and documentation in the computerized maintenance system (CMMS).
- Responsible for inventory and assistance with annual audit review.
- Review and comment on plans and drawings to assist in choosing equipment that will meet the needs and requirements of boiler plants and systems.
- Responsible for adherence to Xanterra’s Ecologix program.
- Assists with applicant interviews and selection processes. Provides technical training and oversight for all location boiler technicians.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
The Boiler Operator Lead must possess:
- Must possess an applicable, valid, boiler operator’s license.
- Must possess the knowledge of operation and design of boilers and related equipment, as well as proper maintenance and preventative maintenance procedures.
- Must comply with all current related safety and health requirements.
- Able to read, understand and comply with all current company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to differentiate colors required for boiler water testing.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have a clean driving record for the past 3 years.
- This position may require the use of respiratory protection and will require compliance with applicable regulations.
- Must be able to walk long distances over uneven terrain and climb stairs and ladders in all types of weather conditions.
- Must be capable of lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess physical stamina and condition to withstand heavy labor related work in an outside environment
- Standing, bending, kneeling, crawling, for extended periods of time is required.
The Parkwide Boiler Technician has the authority and is required to:
- Stop work whenever unsafe work practices or conditions are observed
- Promote Company sustainability initiatives by preventing any negative impacts to the environment and incorporating best management practices.