There are several things to pay attention to regarding. Once you file your , keep an eye on when the IRS processes it so you know when you can expect your money to arrive and start tracking it to your bank account or mailbox. We’ll show you how to use the IRS tax refund tracker and tell you some information about your refund you’ll see.
If you’ve already filed but haven’t received your refund yet, the process might be delayed due to the IRS, and now “ .” Adding to the delay is the new , which can cause a barrier for people waiting for . Also, if you paid taxes on , the IRS will , the agency said.
We’ve listed some potential dates in the chart below for when you might get your refund and how long it could take. We suggest avoid sending in a paper return this year. We also recommend to get your refund quicker. (Here’s what we know so far about a potential , how you can get more money with a , , and .) This story is updated frequently.if you still need to submit it since e-filing is more convenient for you, and the IRS recommends you
2 quick ways to track your 2020 tax refund status
You need several things on hand to track the status of your tax refund: your Social Security number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, your filing status — for example, single, married or head of household — and your exact refund amount in whole dollars, which can be found on your tax return. Also, make sure it’s been at least 24 hours before you try tracking your refund.
Using the IRS tool Where’s My Refund, enter your Social Security number or ITIN, your filing status and your exact refund amount, then press Send. If you entered your information correctly, you’ll be taken to a page that shows the status of your refund. If not, you may be asked to verify your personal tax data and try again. If all the information looks correct, you’ll need to enter the date you filed your taxes, along with whether you filed electronically or on paper.
There’s also a mobile app, called IRS2Go, that checks your tax refund status. The IRS updates the data in this tool overnight each day, so if you don’t see a status change after 24 hours or more, check back the next day.
Received, approved, sent: Here’s what your tax return status means
Both the IRS tools (online and mobile) will show you one of three messages to explain your tax return status.
- Recrutement au Poste d’Ergonome ChargÃ© de l’ExpÃ©rience Utilisateur chez Orange (France)
- URGENT : Patrick Achi Ã©vacuÃ© en France pour des soins
- SÃ©nÃ©gal : PrÃ¨s de 2 milliards FCFA pour la formation et la crÃ©ation d’entreprises
- Location de grues , camion nacelle Ã dakar , sÃ©nÃ©gal VIALOGISTICS en 2021
- Poste ProposÃ© : SecrÃ©taire / Assistant de Direction (H/F)
- France : Le Groupe Carrefour Recrute EmployÃ© de Rayon Alimentaire (H/F)
- Sidaction Recrute Ã Paris Un (01) Stagiaire en ContrÃ´le de Gestion Programme
- RDC, Ã‰tat de siÃ¨ge au Nord-Kivu et en Ituri : le FCC en phase avec FÃ©lix Tshisekedi, maisâ€¦
- Riyad Mahrez officiellement champion de la Premier League anglaise
- Fally Ipupa en concert Ã guichet fermÃ© pour faire vibrer les Warriors Ã Kinshasa
- Cristiano Ronaldo achÃ¨te une Ferrari Monza de plus dâ€™un million
- Mahamat Kaka : Â« DÃ¨s la mort de Kadhafi, le prÃ©sident Deby a sonnÃ© lâ€™alarme Â»
- Tchad : Wakit Tama met le cap sur le 19 mai
- TikTok : la jeune star sÃ©nÃ©galaise Kabhane Lame gagne plus de 55 millions de FCFA
- Avec sa photo rÃ©tro, Emmanuel Adebayor, fait la morale aux internautes
- Received: The IRS now has your tax return and is working to process it.
- Approved: The IRS has processed your return and confirmed the amount of your refund, if you’re owed one.
- Sent: Your refund is now on its way to your bank via direct deposit or as a paper check to your mailbox. (Here’s how to .)
When will your tax refund arrive? We’ve listed some potential dates below
The IRS says it issues most tax refunds within 21 days, but many people typically get their refunds much sooner. However, this year, the IRS is reportedly facing delays complicated by the fact that it’s (here’s more on .) If there are any errors, it might take the agency longer to process and issue your tax refund. The same goes for people who filed a claim for an earned income tax credit or the (here’s .)
The date you get your tax refund also depends on how you filed your return. For example, with refunds going, it could take an additional five days for your bank to post it to your account. This means if it took the IRS the full 21 days to issue your check and your bank five days to post it, you may be waiting a total of 26 days to get your money.
If you submit your tax return by mail, the IRS says it could take six to eight weeks for your tax refund to arrive. That’s where tracking your refund comes in handy. Here are some possible dates when you could receive your refund, depending on when you filed.
When your tax refund could arrive, if no additional delay
|If you file or filed on this date||This is the soonest||This is the latest|
|Mar 1||Mar 8||Mar 22|
|Apr 1||Apr 8||Apr 22|
|Apr 15||Apr 22||May 6|
|May 17 (last day to file)||May 24||Jun 7|
|Oct 15 (last day with extension)||Oct 22||Nov 5|
The chart shows it’s past the ‘latest’ date to get your tax refund. Should you call the IRS?
While you can technically call the IRS to check your status, the agency’s live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time, so you may wait on hold for a while to speak to a representative. Also, the IRS says you should only call if it’s been 21 or more days since you filed your taxes online or if the Where’s My Refund tool tells you to contact the IRS.
For more information about your taxes, here’s when the, and everything to know about the .