- Perform all duties towards the goal of maximizing revenues, profitability and guest satisfaction while simultaneously maximizing corporate profit in the management of nine hotels and lodges with approximately 2,300 units and four campgrounds and one RV park with approximately 1,700 sites.
- Recruit, train, support and motivate members of the Lodging Support Office: Front Office, Housekeeping, Campgrounds, Camper Services, Custodial Services and Laundry.
- Formulate operating and capital budgets for the Lodging Department and to administer each department’s operation to fulfill budget requirements.
- Coordinate annual replacement of amenities, softgoods and mattress/box springs in guest accommodations.
- Coordinate with the Engineering Department on repairs and construction as applicable to the Lodging Department.
- Coordinate with all departments to develop and implement systems towards achieving operational efficiency and accomplishing financial goals.
- Assist the Executive Director, Operations to establish pricing for rooms, campsites and miscellaneous items in accordance with the National Park Service’s NPS-48 Concessions Management Guidelines and comparable pricing concepts.
- Oversight of the Gardiner Laundry and supplemental services including uniform inventory management, seamstress repairs, uniform purchasing, and conference service linens. Manage overall linen and terry pars for Yellowstone and coordinate annual linen purchases.
- Maintain a cooperative relationship with the National Park Service in all aspects of the operation.
- Manage cyclic FF&E replacement schedule on time and within budget constraints including design, procurement and installation.
- Responsible for developing the annual Capital expenditure plan for the Lodging Department based on operating needs, opportunities for ROI and contractual requirements and executing the approved plan each year.
- Participation in the Yield Management team to maximize room revenues through yield management to achieve budgeting goals while balancing operating dates construction schedules and other operating variables.
- Act as a liaison for Regional Location Managers in matters pertaining to the Lodging departments.
- Develop and maintain an attitude and spirit of courtesy and good service to all employees.
- Work with the corporate office to include company-wide programs in Yellowstone’s Lodging programs.
- Work with the sustainability department to incorporate best practices to support overall Yellowstone and corporate goals for utility usage.
- All other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Commitment to offering outstanding guest service.
- Organizational/time-management skills.
- Leadership and interpersonal communication skills.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Strategic planning skills.
- Knowledge of budgeting, purchasing and inventory management.
- Knowledge of hospitality business.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality/Hotel Management, Business Administration, Finance or similar field(s) of study, or proven experience in the field.
- Knowledge of Company policies and procedures preferred.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone Park operations preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to sit, stand, kneel, or crawl for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a higher altitude environment.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift boxes of materials of 5 – 50 lbs.
- Ability to walk, reach, stand, as necessary to perform job duties as noted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.