FAO recruits 01 Technical specialist (Natural Resources Management)
Humanitaire (ONG, Associations, …), Projet/programme de développement
Job Description: 2101061 Technical specialist (Natural Resources Management)
Closure Date: 17/Apr/2021, 11:59:00 PMOrganizational Unit: FRRWAJob Type: Non-staff opportunitiesType of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)Grade Level: N/APrimary Location: Rwanda-KigaliDuration: 80 daysPost Number: N/A
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Qualified female applicants and qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations are encouraged to apply.
Persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
Organizational settingsThe Land and Water Division (NSL) aims at enhancing the agricultural productivity and nutrition by advancing the sustainable use of land and water resources through their improved governance, management, development and conservation. It addresses the challenges member countries face in ensuring productive and efficient use of land and water resources in order to meet present and future demands for agricultural products, while ensuring the long-term sustainability of the land and water quantity and quality.
Reporting Lines Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Director of the Land and Water Division (NSL) and the Senior Officer (NSL), and the direct supervision of the Project Manager of the nutrition-sensitive agricultural water management project, and in coordination and partnership with the FAO representation in Rwanda, the consultant will perform the following tasks:
- Togo : La FTF cherche le successeur de Claude Leroy
- Diplomatie : les États-Unis imposent une série de sanctions à la Russie
- Mali : les élections présidentielle et législative fixées à début 2022
- Bientôt la fin définitive des « likes » sur Instagram ?
- La Togolaise Claire K. a trouvé un arrangement avec Apoutchou national
- La Togolaise Claire K supplie Emmanuel Adébayor pour (vidéo)
- Deepfake : les clonages de voix sont comparables à des armes nucléaires
- Chris Yapi : « Pourquoi les imams du COSIM craignent Ouattara plus que Dieu? »
- UEMOA : le professeur Kako Nubukpo officiellement nommé membre
- Procès Thomas Sankara : Farida Nabourema cite Gbassingbé Eyadéma
- Procès Thomas Sankara : Farida Nabourema cite Gnassingbé Eyadéma
- Gabon : Ali Bongo prêt à dialoguer, mais à certaines conditions
- Présidentielle au Tchad : les observateurs internationaux font une bonne remarque
- USA : 657 millions sur son compte par erreur, elle le dépense et se fait arrêter
- L’IIEP-UNESCO recrute un Consultant
Tasks and Responsibilities:Support the activities of the project and liaise at technical level with IFAD country team and national project implementation partner for the efficient implementation of the project and identification of scope of the project to be harmonized across project countries.
Assist in the preparation of the targeting strategy of the project and the selection of the target areas and project beneficiaries.Support the baseline data collection, analysis and report writing that will be conducted in partnership with national implementation partners. This includes assist in the provision of capacity building/training of enumerators for the collection of baseline data and the adjustment of the survey instruments to the national context. Support the drafting of policy briefs, factsheets and country reports.Support and facilitate the organization of regular meetings of the project task force at the country level and the technical support group in headquarters.Assist in data collection (crops and cropping patterns, water, agriculture and nutrition related data) and analysis from primary (preferred) and secondary sources. When applicable, assist in the collection and analysis of macro and micro-nutrient data for the calculation of nutrition-sensitive agricultural water productivity indicators.Assist the preparation of training material and conduct capacity building activities related to the use of the project methodological framework.Act as the local project technical focal point for nutrition and water related Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) and their targets, more specifically, the SDG targets 2.4, 6.4 and 12.3.Perform any other duties when required. CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
Minimum Requirements• Advanced university degree in agricultural economics, natural resources management, agriculture, irrigation, nutrition or other related fields – those with a PhD will have an added Advantage.
• At least 5 years of relevant working experience in economic and quantitative analysis of food and agricultural issues, food security and nutrition analysis, water productivity assessment and capacity building at the national and field levels.• Excellent analytical and report drafting skills in English and limited knowledge of French will be an added Advantage.• National of Rwanda or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies• Results Focus
• Teamwork• Communication• Building Effective Relationships• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Technical/Functional Skills• Proven knowledge of UNFCCC greenhouse gas inventories and ETF requirements will be an asset
• Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills• Proven ability to implement studies in a multidisciplinary team.
Please note that all candidates should adhere to FAO Values of Commitment to FAO, Respect for All and Integrity and Transparency.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION• FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing).• Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
• Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted.• Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications.• For other issues, visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
HOW TO APPLYTo apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered.Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT POSTULER