Former Vice President of the US, Mike Pence underwent surgery to have a pacemaker implanted on him on Wednesday, April 14, after experiencing “symptoms associated with a slow heart rate” over the last two weeks.
Pence, 61, underwent the procedure at a Virginia hospital, Indiana, yesterday and is now recovering, his office released in a statement onThursday April 15.
“The routine surgery was successful, and he is expected to fully recover and return to normal activity in the coming days,” the statement read.
- URGENT : Patrick Achi Ã©vacuÃ© en France pour des soins
- SÃ©nÃ©gal : PrÃ¨s de 2 milliards FCFA pour la formation et la crÃ©ation d’entreprises
- Location de grues , camion nacelle Ã dakar , sÃ©nÃ©gal VIALOGISTICS en 2021
- Poste ProposÃ© : SecrÃ©taire / Assistant de Direction (H/F)
- France : Le Groupe Carrefour Recrute EmployÃ© de Rayon Alimentaire (H/F)
- Sidaction Recrute Ã Paris Un (01) Stagiaire en ContrÃ´le de Gestion Programme
- RDC, Ã‰tat de siÃ¨ge au Nord-Kivu et en Ituri : le FCC en phase avec FÃ©lix Tshisekedi, maisâ€¦
- Riyad Mahrez officiellement champion de la Premier League anglaise
- Fally Ipupa en concert Ã guichet fermÃ© pour faire vibrer les Warriors Ã Kinshasa
- Cristiano Ronaldo achÃ¨te une Ferrari Monza de plus dâ€™un million
- Mahamat Kaka : Â« DÃ¨s la mort de Kadhafi, le prÃ©sident Deby a sonnÃ© lâ€™alarme Â»
- Tchad : Wakit Tama met le cap sur le 19 mai
- TikTok : la jeune star sÃ©nÃ©galaise Kabhane Lame gagne plus de 55 millions de FCFA
- Avec sa photo rÃ©tro, Emmanuel Adebayor, fait la morale aux internautes
- Football : mauvaise nouvelle pour la Juventus
Pence added: “I am grateful for the swift professionalism and care of the outstanding doctors, nurses and staff at Inova Heart and Vascular Institute, including Dr. Brett Atwater and Dr. Behnam Tehrani.”
“I also appreciate the consultation of my longtime Indiana physicians, Dr. Michael Busk and Dr. Charles Taliercio at Ascension St. Vincent.”
Pence added that his family “has been truly blessed by the work of these dedicated healthcare professionals.”
Recall that when Pence became vice president under Donald Trump in 2016, he disclosed that he had a history of “asymptomatic left bundle branch block.”
A left bundle branch block is typically a sign of heart disease, but can also be seen in asymptomatic patients with a structurally normal heart. The condition can lead to heart failure.