The Duke of Edinburgh and husband to Queen Elizabeth II, Prince Philip died on Friday morning, April 9, aged 99.
His death comes weeks after he was discharged following surgery on a heart condition last month .
He was respected for his deep wisdom, sense of humour and was the Queen’s companion as she toured the UK and the globe. The Duke of Edinburgh, who was married to Queen Elizabeth for 73 years, was said to be the monarch’s rock during her 69-year reign.
Below is a compilation of some pictures of the Duke of Edinburgh.
The Queen and Prince Philip with Nigerian President Olusegun Obasanjo in 2003
He told Obasanjo when he was dressed in traditional Yoruba attire: “You look like you’re ready for bed.”
Noble peace price winner Malala Yousafzai laughs as she meets Prince Philip and he shakes her father’s hand in 2013.
Malala Yousafzai survived an assassination attempt by the Taliban after campaigning for the right of girls to go to school without fear.
The Queen and Prince Phillip the Duke of Edinburgh on the Great Wall of China during a royal visit in October 1986
Princess Anne and Prince Philip at her wedding to Lieutenant Mark Philips at Westminster Abbey in 1973
- OXFAM Recrute au Bénin Un (01) Agent Administratif et Comptable (H/F)
- Éperviers du Togo : le sélectionneur Paulo Duarte recadre Claude Le Roy
- VAO Small Grants are open now in UK
- Grant for Bilateral Exchange between Berlin and the United States
- Boxe : Joshua / Fury, la date et le lieu du combat révélés !
- Cameroun : un militaire à la tête du lamidat de Garoua, Issa Hayatou recalé
- Algérie-France : Tebboune et Macron mettent les points sur les « i »
- Casablanca : un des nonuplés de la Malienne de Tombouctou baptisé Mohammed VI
- Zari Hassan, la femme idéale pour Diamond Platnumz ?
- une société Recrute un Ingénieur Maintenance
- Recrutement d’un Comptable H/F
- Recrutement d’un Ingénieur qualité H/F
- Une société Recrute un Responsable Logistique
- Recrutement des Techniciens Maintenance
- Recrutement des Magasiniers
Prince Philip walking with his daughter Princess Anne to a Christmas Day service at Sandringham in 2005
The Duke of Edinburgh pictured talking with Aboriginal men in Queensland, Australia in 2002.
When visiting an Aboriginal culture park in Australia, he asked an Aboriginal businessman: “Do you still throw spears at each other?”
Prince Philip with Queen Elizabeth and German President Johannes Rau
The Queen and Prince Philip watching a Concorde fly over Buckingham Palace
The Queen and Prince Philip marking their diamond wedding anniversary in 2007
The first colour photograph of Princess Anne in 1951, in the arms of her mother the Queen with Prince Philip and a young Prince Charles
Prince Philip poses at the RAF Club to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the Battle of Britain.
May his soul rest in peace.