A hotel owner has been accused of murder after a young couple were found dead in a shower from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Jean Vosloo, 25, and Mari Hoon, 28, were found dead by a pal at the Kliphuis Guesthouse in the Eastern Cape of South Africa last year.
Vosloo, an agriculture graduate, and Hoon, who studied business management, were due to get married last month.
The hotel owner, Kevin Pretorius, 47, was charged with two counts of murder on Tuesday April 6, after a year-long police investigation.
- Togo : La FTF cherche le successeur de Claude Leroy
- Diplomatie : les États-Unis imposent une série de sanctions à la Russie
- Mali : les élections présidentielle et législative fixées à début 2022
- Bientôt la fin définitive des « likes » sur Instagram ?
- La Togolaise Claire K. a trouvé un arrangement avec Apoutchou national
- La Togolaise Claire K supplie Emmanuel Adébayor pour (vidéo)
- Deepfake : les clonages de voix sont comparables à des armes nucléaires
- Chris Yapi : « Pourquoi les imams du COSIM craignent Ouattara plus que Dieu? »
- UEMOA : le professeur Kako Nubukpo officiellement nommé membre
- Procès Thomas Sankara : Farida Nabourema cite Gbassingbé Eyadéma
- Procès Thomas Sankara : Farida Nabourema cite Gnassingbé Eyadéma
- Gabon : Ali Bongo prêt à dialoguer, mais à certaines conditions
- Présidentielle au Tchad : les observateurs internationaux font une bonne remarque
- USA : 657 millions sur son compte par erreur, elle le dépense et se fait arrêter
- L’IIEP-UNESCO recrute un Consultant
The engaged couple from Gauteng had been staying at his hotel located 11 miles from Kareedouw, for a mini-holiday when the unexpected happened.
Stephan, friend to the couple made the gruesome discovery of their bodies on April 26 last year.
The police then launched an investigation into the death of the couple who had no apparent injuries.
A toxicology report later found they died from carbon monoxide poisoning and their blood contained more than 70 percent of the deadly gas.
Following statements from witnesses and experts over the last year, police then charged Pretorius with two counts of murder.
“Pretorius’ arrest follows an extensive investigation, which started on Sunday, April 26, 2020 as an inquest,” police spokesperson Sergeant Majola Nkohli said, according to Algoa FM.
Sune Hoon, Mari’s sister, said the young couple met when they were students in Stellenbosch and got engaged two years later.
She told YOU: “I think Mari knew from the start that Jean was the man she wanted to marry. They were a perfect couple.
“They were like peanut butter and syrup – they did everything together.”
Pretorius was granted bail this week and is due to appear in court on May 24.