Lagos State Commissioner of Police, Mr Hakeem Odumosu has dismissed rumour of the fire incident at Kairo market in Oshodi being caused by explosives.
Odumosu who conducted an on-the-spot assessment of the damages at the market on Friday May 7, said the Explosive Ordinance Department of the State Police Command has not discovered any bomb at the scene of the incident, and therefore the fire could not have been caused by a bomb explosion.
“We have seen what happened and we give God the glory no lives were lost. No matter the values of things that were lost, it cannot be compared with lives. We also thank God that the portion that got burnt is not more than the area not burnt.
“Since it started, I have deployed my men and they have been on the ground. My coming is to have a physical assessment of what happened. We are to ensure there is no breakdown of law and order here.
- DR NCHE ZAMA, D’ORIGINE CAMEROUNAISE, SE PRÉSENTE AU POSTE DE GOUVERNEUR DE PENNSYLVANIE
- À LA DÉCOUVERTE DE LA REINE YOSE, LA CHANTEUSE HUMANITAIRE
- PETIT PAYS TRAITE LONGUÈ LONGUÈ DE “MAL ÉLEVÉ”, IL RÉPOND
- KANYE WEST UNFOLLOW TOUTES LES KARDASHIAN SUR LES RÉSEAUX SOCIAUX
- KIM KARDASHIAN ÉCHOUE DEUX FOIS DE SUITE À SON EXAMEN DE DROIT
- FRANCIS MVEMBA RÉAGIT AUX NOUVELLES CRITIQUES SUR SON MARIAGE AVEC COCO EMILIA
- Emmanuel Macron est optimiste pour la technologie africaine au salon VivaTech
- La résidence de Gbagbo assiégée par les manifestants
- Recrutement d’un Spécialiste en Sauvegarde Sociale
- La SAER-EMPLOI recrute 2 (Deux) Responsables Marketing & Communication
- recrutement d’un Coordinateur des Approvisionnements
- recrutement au poste de Chargé Suivi Evaluation
- recrutement pour Officer Finance
- recrutement au poste de Coordinateur / Coordinatrice de l’équipe technique
- Laurent Gbagbo pose enfin ses pieds sur le sol ivoirien ( photos)
“The rumour going around that it was a bomb should be dismissed.
“The tension is already high in the country and we should not make inflammatory statements.
“That’s why I am here with my technical team, the bomb experts in the police and they have gone round and no proof the fire was caused by a bomb. It has been ruled out that there was a bomb explosion here. No bomb was found here. So people should allow the fire service and the police to conduct their investigation and when the report from their laboratory comes out, we will make a statement.”
He appealed to those who lost their goods to the fire, saying efforts are ongoing to involve the state government to come to their aid.
“We only appeal to the people to control their annoyance and emotion. Whoever is aggrieved, we are appealing to them not to take it too far because we are not going to allow the breakdown of law and order.
“We are deploying our men here both in mufti and uniform. We are up to the task and the chairman will seek palliatives from the governor for those affected. We keep appealing to the people to be patient. The chairman will take it up politically while I take it up to security wise.”