Overview (Text Only): This is a year-round position based out of our Gardiner, MT Transportation Office. This position is eligible for benefits including healthcare, paid vacation, sick time, and 401k. This position does not come with company-provided housing. Most employees secure housing in Gardiner, Emigrant, or Livingston, MT. Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of Preventive Maintenance Programs for fleet vehicles.
- Staff selection, employee training and development, effective use of labor force.
- Administration of the Transportation Maintenance department under the terms of the company’s collective bargaining agreement.
- Inventory management including inventory accuracy, rotation and security.
- Shop safety and related training.
- Development and administration of budgets.
- The purchasing of vehicle repair parts and related supplies.
- Interacts with all departments to provide necessary vehicle support.
- Administration of the Transportation Maintenance operations in an environmentally conscious manner.
- Other activities as assigned by Director of Support Services and Activities.
- Leadership skills.
- Communication skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations concerning the maintenance of commercial vehicles.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone facilities and services.
- Knowledge of department and Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to work in a higher altitude environment.
- Ability to climb stairs.
- Ability to lift boxes of materials of 30 – 75 lbs.
- Ability to walk, reach, stand, as necessary to perform job duties as noted.
- Negotiation of prices and services with suppliers.
- Hire, discipline and dismiss transportation maintenance employees based on Company policies and procedures.
- Within the guidelines of Company policy, to make necessary departmental changes in personnel or procedures to correct deficiencies or improve the Transportation Maintenance Department.