Overview (Text Only): Join the team as the Manager of Transportation Maintenance in Yellowstone National Park! If you have experience managing and maintaining a vehicle fleet, we have a position for you! Our operations stretch over 2.2 million acres of breathtaking scenery, amidst steam, geysers, trout streams, magnificent wildlife and more. With all that space in Yellowstone we need someone who can be proactive to maintain and provide repairs to our fleet while our vehicles traverse through Americas first national park. The Details – Position Type: Full Time Year Round (typically our year round staff live in Gardiner, Emigrant, or Livingston, MT) – Schedule: ~40+ Hours Per Week – Location: Based out of the Gardiner, MT Transportation Office The Perks – Healthcare benefits – Paid vacation – Sick Time – 401k – Xanterra Travel Collection discounts Why Yellowstone National Park Lodges We are a welcoming community who work hard, share a real passion for the environment, and enjoy crafting memorable experiences for our guests. As part of the Xanterra Travel Collection, we are the primary authorized concessioner in Yellowstone, and as such, we are proud stewards of the park. Xanterra Parks & Resorts is a global travel and Hospitality Company, and the United States’ largest operator of park-based hotels, restaurants and stores. From the incredible depths of the Grand Canyon to the awe-inspiring heights of Mount Rushmore, and from extraordinary cruises to cycling and walking vacations that take you all over the world, Xanterra Parks & Resorts’ operations encompass some of the most spectacular and iconic places on Earth. We are renowned for “legendary hospitality with a softer footprint”, and we take pride in combining these dramatic settings, landmark buildings, and global travel experiences with truly exceptional service. Responsibilities:
- Development and implementation of Preventive Maintenance Programs for fleet vehicles.
- Staff selection, employee training and development, effective use of labor force.
- Administration of the Transportation Maintenance department under the terms of the company’s collective bargaining agreement.
- Inventory management including inventory accuracy, rotation and security.
- Shop safety and related training.
- Development and administration of budgets.
- The purchasing of vehicle repair parts and related supplies.
- Interacts with all departments to provide necessary vehicle support.
- Administration of the Transportation Maintenance operations in an environmentally conscious manner.
- Other activities as assigned by Director of Support Services and Activities.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Knowledge of vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Systems is preferred.
- Knowledge of DOT regulations concerning the maintenance of commercial vehicles.
- Knowledge of Yellowstone facilities and services.
- Knowledge of department and Company policies and procedures.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to work in a higher altitude environment
- Ability to climb stairs
- Ability to lift boxes of materials of 30 – 75 lbs
- Ability to walk, reach, stand, as necessary to perform job duties as noted
- Negotiation of prices and services with suppliers
- Hire, discipline and dismiss transportation maintenance employees based on Company policies and procedures