A Zimbabwean policeman identified as Phinias Shava has been arrested and arraigned in court for allegedly raping a woman in a police station.
The 31-year-old police officer who is stationed at Hillside Police Station, was arraigned in court on a two count charge bordering on rape.
A prosecutor revealed that the alleged crime occured when Shava was assigned to the How Mine police base.
On the day of the said crime, the victim (27) who cannot be named for ethical reasons, went to the police base at around 8PM to collect some service papers which she had left being processed.
- Poste ProposÃ© : SecrÃ©taire / Assistant de Direction (H/F)
- France : Le Groupe Carrefour Recrute EmployÃ© de Rayon Alimentaire (H/F)
- Sidaction Recrute Ã Paris Un (01) Stagiaire en ContrÃ´le de Gestion Programme
- RDC, Ã‰tat de siÃ¨ge au Nord-Kivu et en Ituri : le FCC en phase avec FÃ©lix Tshisekedi, maisâ€¦
- Riyad Mahrez officiellement champion de la Premier League anglaise
- Fally Ipupa en concert Ã guichet fermÃ© pour faire vibrer les Warriors Ã Kinshasa
- Cristiano Ronaldo achÃ¨te une Ferrari Monza de plus dâ€™un million
- Mahamat Kaka : Â« DÃ¨s la mort de Kadhafi, le prÃ©sident Deby a sonnÃ© lâ€™alarme Â»
- Tchad : Wakit Tama met le cap sur le 19 mai
- TikTok : la jeune star sÃ©nÃ©galaise Kabhane Lame gagne plus de 55 millions de FCFA
- Avec sa photo rÃ©tro, Emmanuel Adebayor, fait la morale aux internautes
- Football : mauvaise nouvelle pour la Juventus
- BÃ©nin : Une SociÃ©tÃ© Commerciale Recrute Un Archiviste (H/F)
- BÃ©nin : Une SociÃ©tÃ© SpÃ©cialisÃ©e dans la Commercialisation de MatÃ©riaux de Construction Recrute 01 Gestionnaire de Stocks
- France : 6 mois de prison avec sursis pour le fils de George Weah
It was alleged that Shava took advantage of the fact that there was no one else around and locked the door. He then grabbed the woman and dragged her to another room inside the building, ripped off all her clothes including her undergarments, removed his police combat uniform and raped her once using protection.
He is said to have held the woman against her will for the remainder of the night. During the same night, he is alleged to have raped the victim two more times. However, he did not use protection on the last two occasions.
The policeman however pleaded not guilty when he appeared before Bulawayo Magistrate Rachel Mukanga. The magistrate released the police officer on ZWL$10,000 bail and remanded him out of custody to April 15, 2021.
The magistrate also warned Shava not to interfere with state witnesses and to report at Mzilikazi Police Station every Friday.