The Rwanda Development Board (RDB), through its Chief Skills Office has partnered with the Rwanda Telecenter Network (RTN) to roll out online learning programs in order to improve the skills of Rwandans.
Through support from the Commonwealth of Learning (COL), at least 12,000 scholarships will be provided to Rwandans over the next three years.
The scholarships will allow learners to have free access to the entire suite of courses on Coursera, Udemy and Google platforms.
While Coursera and Udemy provide access to over 5,000 courses, the Google Certification Programme will encompass six specialized certificates namely IT Support, IT Automation with Python, Data Analysis, Project Management, UX Design, and Associate Android Developer.
This is the second phase of the partnership in response to the Covid-19 pandemic. RDB and RTN partnered to implement the first phase of the Coursera Workforce Recovery Program from June 2020 to March 2021 and more than 12,000 certificates were awarded to Rwandans.
The new program focuses on closing the skills gap for in-demand jobs in Rwanda by providing the skills required to get decent employment.
Commenting on the program, Didy Elodie Rusera, the RDB Chief Skills Officer said;
- DR NCHE ZAMA, D’ORIGINE CAMEROUNAISE, SE PRÉSENTE AU POSTE DE GOUVERNEUR DE PENNSYLVANIE
- À LA DÉCOUVERTE DE LA REINE YOSE, LA CHANTEUSE HUMANITAIRE
- PETIT PAYS TRAITE LONGUÈ LONGUÈ DE “MAL ÉLEVÉ”, IL RÉPOND
- KANYE WEST UNFOLLOW TOUTES LES KARDASHIAN SUR LES RÉSEAUX SOCIAUX
- KIM KARDASHIAN ÉCHOUE DEUX FOIS DE SUITE À SON EXAMEN DE DROIT
- FRANCIS MVEMBA RÉAGIT AUX NOUVELLES CRITIQUES SUR SON MARIAGE AVEC COCO EMILIA
- Emmanuel Macron est optimiste pour la technologie africaine au salon VivaTech
- La résidence de Gbagbo assiégée par les manifestants
- Recrutement d’un Spécialiste en Sauvegarde Sociale
- La SAER-EMPLOI recrute 2 (Deux) Responsables Marketing & Communication
- recrutement d’un Coordinateur des Approvisionnements
- recrutement au poste de Chargé Suivi Evaluation
- recrutement pour Officer Finance
- recrutement au poste de Coordinateur / Coordinatrice de l’équipe technique
- Laurent Gbagbo pose enfin ses pieds sur le sol ivoirien ( photos)
“The RDB Skills Office and RTN are working closely with the Ministry of ICT to implement this initiative and supplement other existing initiatives such as the digital literacy program for public servants. With access to 3 popular online learning platforms namely Coursera, Udemy and Google, we are confident that Rwandans will gain the skills needed in the labour market. By the end of 2023, we expect more than 12,000 people will have been trained through this partnership.”
Paul Barera, the Chief Executive Officer of RTN, noted:
“Based on testimonies from learners who graduated from the previous program, I strongly believe the new program will create a big impact on learners especially in areas of job creation. Also, since the program is targeting to increase women enrolment in e-learning opportunities, female applicants are encouraged to apply.”
To enrol for the courses offered, please fill the application form available at https://rtn.rw/rtn-col-skills-for-work-scholarchips/ or send an email to [email protected] or [email protected] for more information.