SemaBOX, the Podcast platform powered by Baraza Media Lab, has launched the Dada Podcast Incubator, the world’s first incubator focussed on women podcasters, in a move to provide a brilliant opportunity to diversify the content landscape and to democratize the storytelling especially of a minority or marginalized people.
The Dada Podcast Incubator will run from April 26 2021 for the next 100 days to platform the voices of amazing Kenyan women whose ideas and perspective scan resonate globally.
Dada Podcast Incubator participants will receive access to a $15,000 in production credits to produce, record and package their podcasts, technical support and high-end production equipment, capacity building training in Branding and distribution, production, warm introduction to funders and collaborators whenever possible and distribution and marketing support.
The DADA PODCAST INCUBATOR seeks to empower new ventures into podcasting as a content creation medium; capture and share the rich content, strengthen the exchange around issues that would otherwise not be accommodated by mainstream media; encourage new podcasters to explore the impact of their work and learn from their peers and build a community of podcasters by inspiring a culture of podcasting.
This exercise provides the opportunity for participants to familiarize themselves with this new media while ultimately contributing to the support of locally produced content.
To support learning from various practitioners, SemaBOX has invited trainers with the relevant experience and background to participate in the incubation programme. For this initial cohort, 8 hosts have been selected for the incubation. This first COHORT was selected by invitation but in the future applications will be open to the general public, with due consideration to applications from women, LGBTQ+ persons and women-identifying individuals.
- Recrutement d’un Spécialiste en Sauvegarde Sociale
- La SAER-EMPLOI recrute 2 (Deux) Responsables Marketing & Communication
- recrutement d’un Coordinateur des Approvisionnements
- recrutement au poste de Chargé Suivi Evaluation
- recrutement pour Officer Finance
- recrutement au poste de Coordinateur / Coordinatrice de l’équipe technique
- Laurent Gbagbo pose enfin ses pieds sur le sol ivoirien ( photos)
- DWYANE WADE EXPLIQUE COMMENT SON FILS TRANSGENRE A FAIT DE LUI UNE PERSONNE MEILLEURE
- BURNA BOY BATTU EN BOÎTE DE NUIT PAR LES PROTÉGÉS D’UN ANCIEN FOOTBALLEUR NIGÉRIAN ?
- DIANA BOULI, LA JEUNE STAR CAMEROUNAISE DE TIKTOK
- Des partisans de Gbagbo empêchés par des microbes sur l’autoroute de Yopougon – Adjamé (vidéo)
- Côte d’Ivoire : Une très mauvaise nouvelle pour Guillaume Soro
- Retour de Laurent Gbagbo : Voici le message de Simone Gbagbo avant d’aller à l’aéroport (vidéo)
- REAL MADRID : LE BILAN INCROYABLE DE SERGIO RAMOS AVEC LA MAISON BLANCHE
- Retour de Laurent Gbagbo : voici la réaction officielle de Guillaume Soro
SemaBOX will explore access to the necessary resources during the Incubation Process, including introductions to relevant funders and collaborations (i.e. NGOs, think tanks, academic institutes) for the participating podcasters.
Participants are selected on the basis of unique storytelling ability, public interest storytelling, and ethical approach to issues with consideration given to women, LGBTQ+ persons and women-identifying individuals. Participants have to commit to investing the necessary time before, during and after the productions.
DADA PODCAST INCUBATOR CLASS OF 2021
Women and Governance – Mine is a Comment Podcast by Wanjiru Nguhi
Theatre and the Performance Industry – The African Theatre Podcast by Sitawa Namwalie
Mental Health and Self Awareness – BTS Podcast by Sly and Wesh
Social Justice – Kisima Podcast by Joy and Gloria
Politics – The Running Mates Podcast by Cathy Irungu
Women in Media – Zeda Talks Podcast by Mwende Ngao
Literature and Books – 100 on Books podcast by Nyambura Mutanyi
Changing the world – Fearless with Uduak The Podcast