The police in Sokoto state have rescued a 12-year-old girl, Joy Emmanuel, caged for eight months by her guardians identified as Bassey and Esther Emmanuel at their home in the Sokoto Cinema area in Sokoto North Local Government Area.
According to reports, Joy was locked up and deprived of food because of her unstable mental condition.
Confirming the incident to newsmen, the spokesman of the state police command, ASP Sanusi Abubakar, said the victim was rescued on Thursday, May 13 while the suspects were arrested and detained at the Dadin Kowa police station.
“They kept the girl in a cage at their compound and starved her of food for eight months.
- DR NCHE ZAMA, D’ORIGINE CAMEROUNAISE, SE PRÉSENTE AU POSTE DE GOUVERNEUR DE PENNSYLVANIE
- À LA DÉCOUVERTE DE LA REINE YOSE, LA CHANTEUSE HUMANITAIRE
- PETIT PAYS TRAITE LONGUÈ LONGUÈ DE “MAL ÉLEVÉ”, IL RÉPOND
- KANYE WEST UNFOLLOW TOUTES LES KARDASHIAN SUR LES RÉSEAUX SOCIAUX
- KIM KARDASHIAN ÉCHOUE DEUX FOIS DE SUITE À SON EXAMEN DE DROIT
- FRANCIS MVEMBA RÉAGIT AUX NOUVELLES CRITIQUES SUR SON MARIAGE AVEC COCO EMILIA
- Emmanuel Macron est optimiste pour la technologie africaine au salon VivaTech
- La résidence de Gbagbo assiégée par les manifestants
- Recrutement d’un Spécialiste en Sauvegarde Sociale
- La SAER-EMPLOI recrute 2 (Deux) Responsables Marketing & Communication
- recrutement d’un Coordinateur des Approvisionnements
- recrutement au poste de Chargé Suivi Evaluation
- recrutement pour Officer Finance
- recrutement au poste de Coordinateur / Coordinatrice de l’équipe technique
- Laurent Gbagbo pose enfin ses pieds sur le sol ivoirien ( photos)
When our men broke the door of the cage, the girl was too frail to walk because she was emaciated. We met her in a very horrible situation, urinating and excreting inside the cage.
The girl was taken to the specialist’s hospital for treatment,” he said.
Abubakar said the victim and the suspects would be handed over to the National Agency for the Prohibition of Trafficking in Person and other Related Matters (NAPTIP) for further action.