Ogba is the number one trending topic discussed among Nigerians on Twitter after three okada riders were allegedly shot dead by security operatives.
The incident happened around Mokuolu Street in Ogba around 6pm on Thursday, May 6.
The clash between the commercial motorcyclists and the Task Force was elicited by efforts of security agents to enforce Okada ban in the area.
The security agents met resistance and this resulted in a clash, with three okada riders reportedly shot dead.
Unfortunately, one of the Okada riders reportedly died this morning, prompting other riders to embark on protest, but they were subsequently dispatched by security agencies.
- United States: 2022 Project Grants Program
- Western COVID-19 Response Grant Program – US
- United States: Native Cultures Fund Grants Program
- The Najim Charitable Foundation Grant Program – US
- United States: Siemer Family Foundation’s Grant Program
- UNDP: Supporting Legal Awareness and Promoting a Stronger Rule of Law Culture (Kyrgyzstan)
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council offering Cultural Grants ($1000) – Australia
- United Kingdom: Green Business Grants Program
- Community Impact Grant Program in the United States
- Call for Proposals for Civil Society Grant Program in Georgia
- Australia: West Gate Neighbourhood Fund Grant Program
- Call for Proposals: Public Service Delivery Support Grant Program (Georgia)
- United States: 2021 Grants to Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions
- United Kingdom: Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Small Grants Fund
- Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley-General Grant Program – US
The state police command had deployed a detachment of mobile policemen and plain clothed officers to maintain law and order, Daily Trust reports.
Roads leading to Excellence Roundabout, Ogba Market and WAEC have been blocked with vans of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) unit of the police.
Watch videos from the area shared by Twitter users below.
UPDATE: The policemen at Ogba (Area G) keeps oppressing the bike men, they killed 2 yesterday night, still came back this morning to continue the oppression.
Everyone should stay safe around that region. pic.twitter.com/ABd85LHkKm
— Weird & Brave (@olucole) May 7, 2021
— Abdulroheem (@Abdulro56394369) May 7, 2021