A court in Cyprus has sentenced three people linked to the murder of a Nigerian student, Walshak Augustine Ngok to jail.
Court president Nüvit Gazi, Senior Judge ?erife Kâtip and Judge Umut ?nan of Lefkosa High Criminal Court, delivered judgement on the murder incident which occurred in Northern Cyprus in 2019 on Monday May 10, 2021.
The main suspect, Chrstopher Ezeh, a Nigerian was sentenced to 27 years, while Nana Nkansah, a Ghanaian and Wayne Moyo, a Zimbabwean who helped transport the body were sentenced to three years each.
11 males and 1 female were initially arrested after 25-year-old Walshak Ngok’s corpse was found in a forest area in Haspolat – Tashkent highway on Friday, April 19.
- Cameroun : arrestation des auteurs du cambriolage à la Direction générale des impôts
- Quand Georgina Rodriguez dope Cristiano Ronaldo !
- CAN 2022 (éliminatoires) : Sierra Leone se qualifie 25 ans après
- Nigeria : Pretty Mike accueille ses six enfants de mères différentes !
- RDC : les premières réactions après la réduction de peine de Vital Kamerhe
- Handball (CAN Féminine) : Tunisie / Angola et Cameroun / Congo en demies
- Zambie : le « père de la nation » Kenneth Kaunda hospitalisé
- CAN Total Cameroun 2021 : le secrétaire général de la CAF en mission à Yaoundé
- BÉNIN : ACED RECRUTE 01 CHARGÉ DE PROGRAMMES (H/F)
- BÉNIN : TECHNOSERV RECRUTE 01 CABINET MÉDICAL
- Famine en Éthiopie : le gouvernement d’Abiy Ahmed veut-il étouffer un drame humanitaire ?
- Euro 2021 : Ronaldo assure le spectacle, Pogba mordu par Rüdiger
- Vive altercation entre Burna Boy et les « boys » d’Obafemi Martins !
- Premier League russe : Yaya Touré nommé entraîneur adjoint du FK Akhmat
- Le parti de Bouteflika a toujours la cote en Algérie !
Christopher Ezeh later confessed to killing Augustine who was his roommate after a row, and taking his body to a forest area. It was gathered that on the day of the incident, the suspect and the victim who both took alcohol were in the company with some friends in a restaurant in Girne. They however started having issues over a girl.
Even after some friends tried to broker peace between them before police arrived at the scene, the duo continued fighting when they later got home.
Christopher reportedly beat Walshak Augustine severely which made him unconscious, dragged him down the stairs of the apartment where he continued to beat a helpless Augustine.
He reportedly took Augustine to Haspolat- Taskent forest area and dumped him at the entrance of the forest area after seeing that he was no longer breathing, instead of going to the hospital.
The other convicts who were found guilty of causing the death of someone else as a result of imprudence and carelessness, maintained that they couldn’t stop Eze due to the severity of his anger.