The Delta State Police Command has arrested two men for allegedly beating a man to death over N3000 and phone theft.
Spokesperson of the command, DSP Bright Edafe, who disclosed this in a statement on Friday, May 7, said the suspects, Efe Lucky and Ramson Akpojibu, were arrested in Warri.
Edafe said the suspects confessed that they, along with three other persons beat the victim identified simply as Christian, to death over allegation of stealing their three thousand naira (N3,000.00) and phones.
“On the 3/5/2021 at about 1430hrs, information was received from a distress caller that a good Samaritan reported that one Efe Lucky and Ramson Akpojibu both ‘m’ of Ughoton community Okpe LGA brought a patient christain ‘m’ Surname unknown, to Moving Star Clinic Warri, as soon he was certified dead,” he stated.
- DR NCHE ZAMA, D’ORIGINE CAMEROUNAISE, SE PRÉSENTE AU POSTE DE GOUVERNEUR DE PENNSYLVANIE
- À LA DÉCOUVERTE DE LA REINE YOSE, LA CHANTEUSE HUMANITAIRE
- PETIT PAYS TRAITE LONGUÈ LONGUÈ DE “MAL ÉLEVÉ”, IL RÉPOND
- KANYE WEST UNFOLLOW TOUTES LES KARDASHIAN SUR LES RÉSEAUX SOCIAUX
- KIM KARDASHIAN ÉCHOUE DEUX FOIS DE SUITE À SON EXAMEN DE DROIT
- FRANCIS MVEMBA RÉAGIT AUX NOUVELLES CRITIQUES SUR SON MARIAGE AVEC COCO EMILIA
- Emmanuel Macron est optimiste pour la technologie africaine au salon VivaTech
- La résidence de Gbagbo assiégée par les manifestants
- Recrutement d’un Spécialiste en Sauvegarde Sociale
- La SAER-EMPLOI recrute 2 (Deux) Responsables Marketing & Communication
- recrutement d’un Coordinateur des Approvisionnements
- recrutement au poste de Chargé Suivi Evaluation
- recrutement pour Officer Finance
- recrutement au poste de Coordinateur / Coordinatrice de l’équipe technique
- Laurent Gbagbo pose enfin ses pieds sur le sol ivoirien ( photos)
“The duo with blood stains on their cloths was about to abscond. The DPO Orerokpe Division deployed detective to the clinic, the corpse was viewed and signs of violence was seen on the body of the deceased. The corpse was photographed and deposited at Orerokpe General Hospital mortuary.
“The police arrested the two suspects Efe Lucky ‘m’ and Ramson Akpojibu ‘m’, and the premises of the suspects were searched, blood stained cutlass, hammer and blood soaked towel were recovered.
“They confessed that they were five in number the beat up the deceased to death over allegation of stealing their three thousand naira (N3,000.00) and phones. Effort is on to arrest the three other suspects.”
The spokesperson said that the State Police Commissioner has ordered that the case be transferred to State Criminal Investigation Department for further investigation.