Uber has launched electric bodas and bicycles for drivers on UberBoda.
In an attempt to go green and conserve the environment Uber has launched electric boda bodas and bicycles which is exciting as it means new jobs have been created.
This comes as a big save especially for boda riders who have felt the pinch since the fuel price went up. A number of boda boda businesses have been affected especially since the lockdown when a number of Kenyans were forced to work from home.
The boda boda sector in Kenya currently employs 1.6 million youths are a majority of them are based in Nairobi.
Head of East Africa for Uber, Brian Njao said:
“We are doing our part to help transform mobility in the country so that Kenyans can play their part in reducing carbon emissions. Uber is continuously looking for ways to improve the customer experience, and we have a responsibility to invest in offering product innovations that make a difference to cities. We believe this collaboration will do just that,”
As more people are becoming environmentally conscious Uber has also incorporated Uber Eats to be a part of the journey in hopes that their clients will appreciate the fact that their meals will be delivered in transportation with low emissions. Uber has confirmed that they will now be making deliveries using their newly launched electric motocycles and bicycles.
General Manager of Uber Eats Nadeem Anjarwalla said:
- United States: 2022 Project Grants Program
- Western COVID-19 Response Grant Program – US
- United States: Native Cultures Fund Grants Program
- The Najim Charitable Foundation Grant Program – US
- United States: Siemer Family Foundation’s Grant Program
- UNDP: Supporting Legal Awareness and Promoting a Stronger Rule of Law Culture (Kyrgyzstan)
- Upper Lachlan Shire Council offering Cultural Grants ($1000) – Australia
- United Kingdom: Green Business Grants Program
- Community Impact Grant Program in the United States
- Call for Proposals for Civil Society Grant Program in Georgia
- Australia: West Gate Neighbourhood Fund Grant Program
- Call for Proposals: Public Service Delivery Support Grant Program (Georgia)
- United States: 2021 Grants to Tribal Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Coalitions
- United Kingdom: Perinatal and Infant Mental Health Small Grants Fund
- Community Foundation of the Mahoning Valley-General Grant Program – US
“Uber Eats has grown exponentially across Kenya, with the app being available in Mombasa, Nakuru and Nairobi, which means more delivery people on the road. Providing electric Boda Bodas to delivery people means that transportation emissions can be cut drastically”
This is a noble cause which is also quite strategic by doing this it means they can cut fees costs and also decrease air pollution and increase access to clean transportation modes.