VC4A, working with partners AWS Activate, AfriLabs and ABAN, will select 10 innovative tech-enabled early-stage startups based in Africa to showcase to the world. The startups need to be able to show some traction and have expansion plans in mind.
Since 2017, VC4A has showcased growth-stage startups as part of the annual Africa Early Stage Investor Summit, resulting in a number of Series A deals totaling over $100M. Building on this success, the ‘VC4A Venture Showcase – Seed’ track positions deal ready companies as a central component VC4A offers to its Africa focused network of over 150 early-stage investment firms built up over the years. This is an exclusive opportunity for selected entrepreneurs to introduce their companies at once to everyone who’s anyone in Africa’s early-stage investment space.
Ben White, founder and director from VC4A adds: “Based on investor demand we have added a Seed track to the Venture Showcase – now in its 4th year. This exciting addition opens the door to up and coming companies looking to connect with leading investors active across the continent. The Seed track targets ventures with highly scalable business models demonstrating strong traction. We put a spotlight on the innovation coming up across the continent with the aim to capitalize the next generation of great African startups.”
This year cloud platform Amazon Web Services (AWS Activate) joins the Venture Showcase as a technical partner. “Through VC4A’s partnership with AWS we offer startups direct access to unparalleled expertise and a global infrastructure for growing and scaling business. The companies in the ‘VC4A Venture Showcase – Seed’ track are well positioned for growth and stand to benefit from our growing networks of partners and capital,” says Ben White.
- SNOOP DOGG ENVOIE UN MESSAGE À 50 CENT À CAUSE D’UNE SCÈNE GAY DANS POWER
- KEVIN HART DEVIENT PAPA POUR LA 4E FOIS
- KRIS JENNER ACCUSÉE DE HARCÈLEMENT SEXUEL, ELLE RÉPOND
- NIKE TRANSFORME UN AVION POUR GARDER LES ATHLÈTES PERFORMANTS
- “JE CRAIGNAIS QUE L’ON SE MOQUE DE MOI”, DAPHNE ÉMUE PAR LA RÉACTION DES INTERNAUTES APRÈS SA CONFESSION
- Mercato : les premiers mots de Sergiño Dest, la nouvelle recrue du Barça
- Côte d’Ivoire/JNCC 2020 : Les solutions des experts sur la traçabilité du cacao
- Présidentielle ivoirienne / Blé Goudé: « Maitrisons nos colères pour ne pas donner l’occasion à ce régime de nous exterminer »
- « Donald Trump n’est pas ton affaire, occupe-toi de ton pays » : Wizkid tacle le président Buhari
- Présidentielle 2020: Pour KKB, le PDCI a choisi une « candidature de revanche »
- CAN 2023 : la Côte d’Ivoire dévoile son stade de 60 000 places (vidéo)
- Top 6 des meilleurs buteurs à l’âge de 17 ans en Europe, Mbappé 3e, CR7 4e…
- Coronavirus: après la contamination de Trump, Barack Obama se prononce
- « J’ai couché avec un mort pour tomber enceinte » : une mère raconte comment elle a souffert pour concevoir
- Cameroun : une fille de 17 ans violée à mort par un groupe d’hommes
VC4A works closely with the African early-stage startup community involving investors and incubators in both the referral, screening and selection process. Through the partnerships with AfriLabs – representing 202 innovation centers across 46 African countries – and ABAN – representing 60+ angel investor networks – the Venture Showcase promotes (co-)investment opportunities for their members. Participating investors will work with the selected companies to prepare their participation in the showcase, and to ensure the companies are representative of the best investment opportunities.
The 10 selected startups get:To participate in the VC4A Venture Showcase deal room, including 150+ early-stage investment firmsProfessional edited 3-minute virtual pitch videos30-minute deep-dive sessions with investors in a private roomMentorship and pitch training by early-stage investor organizationsAmazon Web Services credits from AWS Activate worth $10,000, as well as tools, resources, and more to get started quickly on AWSTo join the Showcase alumni network and gain exclusive access to fundraising opportunities
Interested entrepreneurs are invited to apply via this page before 11 September 2020. Investors who wish to refer to a company can contact Thomas van Halen at thomas[at]vc4a.com.
The Venture Showcase program consists of 2 tracks this year. The Seed track and a Series A track.