Police Operatives attached to 9th Mile Police Division in the Enugu state police command have arrested 29-year-old Nnenna Egwuagu of Umulumgbe in Udi L.G.A., pictured above, for allegedly administering a noxious substance to her three (3) years old stepson, one Wisdom Egwuagu, thereby causing his sudden death.
A statement released by the spokesperson of the state police command, ASP Daniel Ndukwe, states that her husband and father of the deceased child, one Justine Egwuagu, who reported the incident to the Police, alleged that the unusual actions of the suspect towards the child caused his death.
- URGENT : Patrick Achi Ã©vacuÃ© en France pour des soins
- SÃ©nÃ©gal : PrÃ¨s de 2 milliards FCFA pour la formation et la crÃ©ation d’entreprises
- Location de grues , camion nacelle Ã dakar , sÃ©nÃ©gal VIALOGISTICS en 2021
- Poste ProposÃ© : SecrÃ©taire / Assistant de Direction (H/F)
- France : Le Groupe Carrefour Recrute EmployÃ© de Rayon Alimentaire (H/F)
- Sidaction Recrute Ã Paris Un (01) Stagiaire en ContrÃ´le de Gestion Programme
- RDC, Ã‰tat de siÃ¨ge au Nord-Kivu et en Ituri : le FCC en phase avec FÃ©lix Tshisekedi, maisâ€¦
- Riyad Mahrez officiellement champion de la Premier League anglaise
- Fally Ipupa en concert Ã guichet fermÃ© pour faire vibrer les Warriors Ã Kinshasa
- Cristiano Ronaldo achÃ¨te une Ferrari Monza de plus dâ€™un million
- Mahamat Kaka : Â« DÃ¨s la mort de Kadhafi, le prÃ©sident Deby a sonnÃ© lâ€™alarme Â»
- Tchad : Wakit Tama met le cap sur le 19 mai
- TikTok : la jeune star sÃ©nÃ©galaise Kabhane Lame gagne plus de 55 millions de FCFA
- Avec sa photo rÃ©tro, Emmanuel Adebayor, fait la morale aux internautes
- Football : mauvaise nouvelle pour la Juventus
”Preliminary investigation shows that the suspect confessed to having administered the noxious substance to the child. She claimed that her action was due to her husband’s inability to take care of her and their daughter; and that she wanted the child to become sick so her husband could spend money to treat him. The child was confirmed dead in the hospital and his corpse deposited in the mortuary for autopsy.”the statement in part read
Ndukwe said the container of the noxious substance and syringe she used in administering the substance to the child has been recovered, while further thorough investigation into the case is ongoing at the State CID, Enugu.
He added that the Commissioner of Police, CP Mohammed Ndatsu Aliyu, while describing the act as callous and unfortunate, has advised couples to truly love each other, live peaceably no matter the circumstance and use every legal and/or morally acceptable means to resolve their differences.